My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Missing a Party



The whole weekend was a party. Even for the dogs. I'm sure you can relate to these photos of Bindi Sue crashed on the console in Gary's truck while Vanna slept in the backseat. It's no wonder that Gary and I returned home tonight and discovered we were too tired to go to a special holiday party we had looked forward to attending. Gary is still suffering from cold symptoms and that's no fun...especially for me. He's the world's second-worst patient. The worst is my stepdad, Jack. I remember once when Jack wasn't feeling well, he jumped out of bed and went to his bureau with the mirror above it and projectile barfed on the mirror, which took out most of his drawers, too - and that meant doing laundry for a week, along with steam-cleaning the dresser, mirror and carpet in the room. Gary hasn't done that yet, but he has an amazing way of gagging every time he coughs, which often means he has to jump out of bed and run for the bathroom, coughing and moaning all the way. We haven't had much sleep the past few nights, even in the otherwise quiet splendor of the ranch. So tonight I agreed to opt out of the holiday party and stay home to rest. That made Gary rest easy enough to grab his big, heavy Carhart jacket and put it on over his jammies as he left the bedroom for the garage to smoke a cigar. As I said, the whole weekend has been a party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home