My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Abominable Pink Snowman


Chilly weather is supposed to be here in time for Thanksgiving. I can't wait because I'm ready for winter clothes. For women in Southern California, that means a light jacket and maybe some closed-toe shoes. I liked this time of year better in Denver because we could switch from light jackets to cozy sweaters, wool pants, warm coats and scarves. I had some rabbit fur ear muffs that I treasured, but they're of no use in the land of palm trees and yearround flowers. It was foggy this morning and we turned on the heat for the first time in eight months.

What I didn't like about living in Denver was that winter seemed to last forever. The trees dropped their leaves in September and didn't grow them back till May. The first snow in October or November was always fun. Snow in May was not. I'm happy to live in Orange County.

As you can see from this photo, my granddaughter, Kendall, was a "three-eyed monster" on Halloween. It was just cool enough for her to be all bundled up in a furry pink suit and not scream because she was overheated. We called her the Abominable Pink Snowman - a species that has to be native to Southern California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home