My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Clooney Slobber

I just told Kathy J about my good fortune being invited to "The Leatherheads" movie premiere - which balances my bad luck today. Gary decided to be "Donut God" for his team of stucco guys this morning, but couldn't drive his truck to the donut shop because it was full of scaffolding. Instead, he drove my Ford Explorer and managed to get into a bad accident at a local four-way stop. My friend Terry says my car now looks as if it has a mouth full of food. I agree with her. But this new look is bound to cost LOTS of money. Thank GOD for insurance. It's a long, yucky story, but dear Gary was NOT at fault. Nevertheless, it's a humbling experience.

After learning that Gary was unharmed, I chose to re-focus on the fun of attending the "Leatherheads" premiere and greeting George Clooney somewhere that evening. I mean, how difficult can it be to simply soak up the energy George exudes and save it for the next day at work? I'll be happy simply to be in the same room with George - I don't even care if he's shorter than I am (which is usually the case with movie stars). I'm a happily married old cougar who still loves to look at all the cubs. Gary and I both enjoy George in his myriad performances and TV appearances, because he's a guy's guy. We like his new girlfriend, Sarah, too. I'm excited to be Gaye's date for the premiere and have something to look forward to while my car is repaired.

Meanwhile, enjoy this from Kathy J....

In a bizarre incident today, George Clooney drowned while attending a screening of his new film "Leatherheads". The oscar-winning actor succumbed to an excessive amount of drool expelled from the mouth of Shannon Ingram when meeting the actor for the first time. "I am a big fan, and I don't know what happened; I just opened my mouth to say hello, and all of a sudden, George was engulfed in thick drool. I am so embarrassed. At least my breath was fresh because I had just popped a mint in my mouth." Shocked bystanders tried to revive the superstar, and EMT's cleared his airway within minutes of the deluge. However all medical intervention did not succeed and the actor was declared dead at the scene. No charges have been filed against Ms. Ingram at this time, although authorities will continue to investigate the tragic demise of George Clooney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home