My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Waiting for Kendall

So far this week, the days are going by very slowly for Gary and me. This has nothing to do with Daylight Savings Time. It has everything to do with the impending arrival of Kendall Emilie Ingram, due to make her appearance via c-section on Friday, March 14th. Cory, Emilie and Keegan are preparing for the big event and Emilie's mom, Denise, arrives today. I have to keep busy constantly because otherwise I feel totally preoccupied with having a new granddaughter. I've been working on a big event for our Church the past few weeks, but it happened this past Friday, so now I'm forced to focus on other stuff - namely, getting the right job. I'm doing some writing and just took on another volunteer project coordinating a spring luncheon on May 17th for WomanSage - a wonderful non-profit organization for women at mid-life that I love to serve. And then there is Bindi, whose photos are posted below this message. She keeps us VERY busy, helping Gary in the garden, finding ways to steal Vanna's rubber ball, and herding all of us into a corner whenever we go outside. All that being said, I am keeping my cell phone attached to my body at all times just in case Kendall decides to make an early exit from her mommy's tummy. Don't call me on Friday....I'll be busy! xxoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home