My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A New Career Cycle

Someone recently told me that when I found a great new job, I would have to write another book titled "From Care to Corporate." Maybe I'll have that opportunity because I am indeed going back to work - and on April Fools Day! Somehow that fits nicely into my life. I'm a fool for a company that does good work because it makes me feel very excited! I'll be working for Silverado Senior Living, a wonderful company I have mentioned in a previous post. Yippee!

The past 8 days, I've been working for my church, filling in as administrative manager part-time. It's given me an opportunity to see how different my life will be when I'm working full-time. Mom still calls my cell phone at least three times during the day, and for no apparent reason. She just likes to be heard, which is fine. She leaves great voice mail messages about the weather, what she had for lunch, Jack's aches and pains and she dishes about people who live in her community. Half the time I don't call her back, and she doesn't seem to mind one bit, because she doesn't remember calling me in the first place.

And then there's Vanna-dog. She still doesn't like Bindi Sue. Bindi is now 11 lbs. and looks like a small Sherman tank. She is very stocky and has the cutest face. Vanna could care less how cute she is because she's such a pest. When Vanna growls at her, Bindi jumps up and licks Vanna's teeth. The good news is that Vanna hasn't harmed Bindi. I left them alone in the yard today and Gary told me when he came home, Vanna was sitting in one of the patio chairs. Bindi can't jump that high.

My new job means I'll spend less time with my dogs, although I can bring one of them into the office if I want...That will make Vanna very happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home