My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Friday, January 04, 2008

My Kind of Contest

If you have read the intro to this blog, you know I'm fond of martinis. Mostly I like the olives, so I prefer a "dirty martini" with Kettleone or Grey Goose vodka. If I'm lucky, I might have one or two martinis a week, but I savor every sip and each precious, plump little green olive stuffed with a pimento or blue cheese. Cosmopolitains, lemon drops and chocolate martinis are really good, too. My choice depends on my mood - and how much I want an olive.

Imagine my glee when I opened an email the other day from a writer who lives in Idyllwild near Garner Ranch, inviting me to be a judge in an arts contest to determine the "best in show" of martini glasses painted by local artists! After giggling in front of my monitor for about five minutes, I responded with an acceptance. We were planning to be at the ranch that weekend anyway, so it was total synchronicity in my book - like a New Year's gift! After reviewing the artsy glasses with two other judges at the wonderful Gastronome Restaurant, I will get to enjoy a complimentary dirty martini and dinner. My sister and her family will join Gary and me for dinner. After the meal, Gary and my brother-in-law can sit outside with their cigars while I introduce my sister to chocolate martinis indoors by the fireplace.

Yes, this is my kind of contest. Things are great in 2008!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You definitely have the luck of the Irish...maybe you should start drinking Irish Coffees! I can see the entire picture especially Gary and Tom sitting outside enjoying their cigars. I love you guys so very much. I will try to be a daily reader of your blog so I can stay abreast of the Ingram household goings on. Talked to Claire last night--she has a blood clot in one of her legs. I plan to go out for a week this month then again in a couple months. Her and my nightmare continues.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home