My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thank you Jane and Christy

Gidday to Jane "Down Under," and howdy to Christy in Montana. Sometimes I forget to review blog comments and respond. What a delight to hear from Jane recently about her experiences caring for her mum and daddy. If you are reading this, Jane, I read your message to my dad and he loved it! He has trouble grasping the scope of the Internet and couldn't understand why anyone on your continent would be writing to me; nevertheless, he loved what you wrote.

Christy is a friend in Montana with two adorable children, one of whom I mentioned in a blog entry earlier this year because I love her name, Emma Sue. I love her son's name too - big brother Tanner.

It's very exciting when ANYONE posts a reply here, but I'm equally happy with all the email responses I receive. Thank you, dear friends near and far, for visiting this blog and keeping me motivated. Happy Holidays!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ho Shannon,
Thank you so much for your acknowledgement in amoungst the frenzy & chaos of the silly season! I myself have suffered a few dead brain cells (RIP) due to all the pre-Xmas parties & celebrations agog... or is that agrog? Oh well, anyways, I am still alive & kicking enuf to know that elusive chubby man in the red suit is almost upon us and that we are blessed with glorious sunny days in this lucky country of ours and that we have the precious 'gifts' of each to share which far outweigh the value of any material presents. We are also experiencing our fair share of lean times with finances but refuse to let that damper our Spirits at this festive season and how grateful we are for the Miracles that grace our lives in countless ways every day we wake up and are still alive!
Wishing you and yours a magical Christmas and may your Christmas be filled with the wonder, the beauty and the magic of Life. And may the gifts of health, wealth and vitality renew your Spirit in the coming New Year! I find these more challenging times lend to creating stronger bonds within our small close knit family unit and that sweating the small stuff no longer has a place in the bigger scheme of things, we may still drive each other nuts on occasions since we are but mere mortals but the ongoing, unwavering love shared outweighs and overshadows any and all differences in the end.
Brightest blessings from Down Under,
Jane:>

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home