My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Join Us at the ASA Conference!



Today Iā€™m writing to you on behalf of the American Society on Aging to invite you to attend the largest multidisciplinary conference on aging and health care in the country ā€“ Aging in America ā€“ taking place in San Francisco, California, April 26-30 (a beautiful time of year in San Francisco). This photo of me and my dear friend, Dr. Ann Harwood from Montana, was taken at last year's conference in Chicago.

This year, I will be presenting an informative session at the conference with my friend and WomanSage founder Jane Glenn Haas. There is also a panel discussion featuring my colleagues from Silverado - our Co-Founder, Chief of Culture and Alzheimer's Futurist Steve Winner (co-author of "The Silverado Story-A Memory-Care Culture Where Love is Greater than Fear" - www.silveradostory.com), Senior VP Health Services Anne Ellett and Silverado-Belmont Hills Administrator in Training Maryam Mahbod, talking about our famous golf program that was written up in the Wall Street Journal. I hope you will plan to attend the conference and also schedule time for our sessions. To find out when and where I will be presenting, simply visit www.agingconference.org and click on Search the Sessions, and then enter any of our last names in the space provided.

This conference is amazing. Last year was my first time attending. Aging in America is a very important subject I've written about in this blog. With 78 million Baby Boomers turning 65 over the next 18 years, aging is a hot topic. What I'm interested in right now is what happens when all of us who are used to technology - who use ATM's, iPads, Blackberries, Kindles and shop and pay our bills online - can no longer remember our passwords? That's the kind of conversation that happens at the ASA Conference. You or your company may have an answer, or more importantly, you may be interested in answers and solutions.

Make sure you register by February 15th to get the early registration rate. Also, if you are planning to come, you should definitely take time to make your hotel reservations as I've heard hotel rooms are going fast. Please see below for more information on the conference. You may also visit the conference website at www.agingconference.org.

To contact ASA directly to request a conference brochure, call 1-800-537-9728 or e-mail jutkam@asaging.org.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Loved this post Shannon! I am approaching my leap across the pond, very shortly, and wondering and hoping that what's "next" is a positive and fulfilling new beginning. Scary, yes, -- I am overflowing with trepidation -- but I have been in this place, at another time, and it all works out. As we know, the Universe makes no mistakes! I am trying to stay in the present and looking forward to being enveloped in the warmth and love and support of a beautiful place and wonderful friends! Thanks for the boost! XOXO B.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home