My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Gifts from Gaye and God







I've been determined not to feel super sad about my current life situation during this holiday season. My intention to enjoy this festive time with family and friends has been very strong. Happily, it's manifesting in amazing invitations and fun experiences to go along with therapy, of course!

Late last week, my friend Gaye called to ask if I wanted to bring our mutual friend, Sandy, and join her and Rick for the Hollywood premiere of a new film, "How Do You Know." I was incredulous at such good fortune, and of course both Sandy and I said YES. Monday night, Sandy and I walked the red carpet (on the OPPOSITE side of the cameras because we were on the "B" list - but so what!) in Westwood, watched the movie with Hollywood elite including its stars, Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Jack Nicholson, Paul Rudd and hobknobbed with the rich and famous at the fabulous Sony Pictures party afterwards. We got very close to adorable Owen Wilson, who truly steals the whole film, Reese Witherspoon (pictured in above via my very bad crackberry photo) and Paul Rudd, and we also saw a bunch of other stars including Hank Azaria, Seth Rogen and Jane Fonda. We didn't get to see Jack, but we did see his kids. And the food was awesome. I discovered that one fabulous night of dreamy, starstruck activity is great medicine for a broken heart!

And then last night I summoned all my courage and went out to watch the Newport Harbor Boat Parade of Lights with Cory, Em, Keegan and Kendall.....and Gary. We dined at old fave Wilma's then dashed off to the waterfront to see the lights. "Dashing" seems to have been Kendall's chosen theme for the evening. She dashed in the sand as the boats passed and screamed with glee at the bright lights everywhere. Keegan was especially interested in the "real" snowman (more like an "iceman") in the patio of a bayfront home. Thanks to my low expectations for the evening, it turned out to be a very sweet experience of how important children are during this time of year. Their imaginations and excitement illumined the night as much as the lights from the boat parade.

Thanks again to everyone who has sent me best wishes. The healing has begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home