My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Light of the World


It's a new year! I'm happy to be out of the darkness and now basking in the light of the world, namely the love of my family, friends, associates and God. I can feel myself vibrating at a higher energy than I've experienced in a couple of years! I've lost weight and am enjoying a healthier body and attitude.

We spent the weekend with niece Lindsey and her fiance, Nels, a.k.a. "Cupcake and Thor," visiting from Seattle, as well as my wonderful sister-in-law, Nancy, and the extended Sumner-Haeckel family. The family calls this "late Christmas" gathering "The Fatted Taco Fest." Don't ask me why....but wow, those were some awesome fat tacos prepared by my "Sister Aunties," Susan and Margo (who cares if Margo forgot the tomatoes and black olives - we chopped martini olives instead).

Football reigned, putting smiles on the faces of the guests of honor with the big playoff win for the Seahawks. Thor did an authentic happy dance, although he doesn't look anything like Snoopy.

What's lighting up your world as we approach 1/11/11?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nancy sumner said...

Much like the Bible story of killing the fatted calf when the Prodigal Son arrives home; the Haeckel/Sumner clan loves our Mexican food. Therefore, the fatted taco. It was a time of reunion. We waited for our Christmas until Lindsey could join us and were thrilled to get to know Nels better. He fit right in. So thankful that I have you, my sister-in-law and friend to share in the good times. A great time was had by all. Happy New Year.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home