My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Friday, August 08, 2008

The Man has Questions


Gary is doing fine after last week's angiogram. Thank you to the many friends who sent their prayers and positive thoughts. We truly appreciate you. He will need a triple bypass "at some point," and we'll find out more about that when we visit his cardiologist next week. Meanwhile, he's on some new med's and has a bruise the size of Cuba on his privates where the angio catheter went in and out in two different spots. Very colorful. Not the kind of "swelling of the groin" he wants.

One of the ways I know Gary is fine is that he calls me in the morning when he's driving to a job site and says, "I have questions." Then he asks something I would never think of asking. For example, today he called and said, "Is it legal for one person driving a hearse with a body in the back but nobody else in the vehicle to travel in the carpool lane?" And yesterday he called to ask if I thought a "Name that Body Part" game show featuring two teams cutting open a cadaver and correctly removing parts could be a winner. Obviously he must have death on his mind, along with watching some crazy game shows lately - "Wipeout" and "I Survived a Japanese Game Show." Either that or it's his new med's. Whatever. With his background in forensics I don't view this sudden focus on dead bodies to indicate he's depressed. It's the other way around. He's quite happy.

I've had a week of doing all the heavy lifting and bending around the house while Gary recovers. There's been some drama. I dropped a huge bag of dog food on my foot, stubbed my big toe while loading six boxes of books into my car to bring to the office and let the big trash can lid accidentally fall on my arm as I was dumping a bag of dog poop. Thank God nothing hit me in the face because the rest of me looks like I've been in a horrible fight or on "Wipeout." Gary asked, "Do you suppose your co-workers think I'm beating you because of how much you're nagging me about eating salt and saturated fat?" Another good question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home