My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Welcome R&R

It's almost here - a three-day weekend. I've been back to work full-time for three months and this is my second holiday. It couldn't have come at a better time for Gary and me. We need a break.

Mom didn't get to go home yet, which is just as well. She's not what I'd call ambulatory. The doc decided she needed both physical and occupational therapy, so she was transferred to Tustin Rehab yesterday. She was there five weeks ago, so she knows the place and was pleased that many of the staff remember her. Gary and I are happy because this means she'll be safely in one place with nursing support over the long weekend and we can relax. I'll take her a burger and milkshake on Saturday to make her smile.

Lunch time is almost over here, so it's time for me to get back to work. Thankfully, I love my job, no matter how busy we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home