My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

When Work Offers Balance

Every day I pinch myself that I get to work for Silverado Senior Living. It's an amazing environment in which to spend my days. Our company's operating philosophy is "Love is greater than fear," and I witness that philosophy in action daily. Not only do we give wonderful care to the memory-impaired residents in our communities, the clients we serve in their homes and see our Hospice patients through their end-of-life transitions, we care for each other. When I visit a Silverado community, I see smiling faces on my fellow associates. When I greet the hospice workers who visit my dad, Jack, they want to know how I am doing and what they can do to support me. When I walk from our little marketing suite over to our main corporate building, I'm greeted with smiles, handshakes, hugs and pats on the back. Our people aren't from a Stepford community; their behavior simply reflects the culture this company was founded upon - We give LIFE (love-innovation-family-engagement) to those we serve (including our associates). It's embodied by our CEO, Loren Shook, and flows outward like a warm tropical breeze. It's magical. And my work is currently providing the kind of balance I need to offset all the family drama. Never before have I found that work lessened the stress in my personal life, and I know this works now because of the extraordinary nature of this company. Thank you, Silverado!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home