My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Reunited by Fire


My old friend, Bob Liewer, took this now-famous photo of the Santiago fire in the hills above Lake Mission Viejo. My cousin, Dru, who works for the City of Mission Viejo, found his name and email address at the bottom of an email chain containing the photo. I mentioned this in a recent post. Dru and I hadn't communicated with Bob in over 35 years. This week we are having tons of fun emailing back and forth and learning about one another's lives since those great college days cruising around the world on the semester at sea. Hopefully we can get together soon because we all live within a few miles of one another. Guess I can find something good about a hellacious wildfire after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home