My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rocktoberfest

Being a HUGE fan of the Colorado Rockies, I must post a big shout-out to the boys for winning the National League Pennant. They are headed to the World Series and Gary is wishing we were in Denver this month! We were glued to the TV for the baseball play-offs this year. I only fell asleep during four games, and I can usually count on TV baseball games to put me to sleep every time.

The Rockies ball club was my client when I worked for Navigant in Denver and I will always be a big fan. They gave me some great gifts like one of Todd Helton's bats and a gorgeous framed photograph of the team spreading out the American flag at the first game following 9/11. Gary and I went to games at least once a week when the Rockies were playing at home.

I was delighted when Regis Philbin announced on Live with Regis and Kelly a couple of months back that he was picking the Rockies as his favorite team to win this year. I think I'll name my next cat Regis. Or maybe I should name it Torrealba. I'll ask my son and daughter-in-law to name our next grandson Regis. Whatever. Rock on Rockies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home