My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Making Other Plans

One of my mom's favorite sayings throughout her life has been, "Life is what happens when you're making other plans." That's just come true for me again as I've been happily planning a trip to Northern California for a couple of weeks. I've been caught up in imagining all the fun activities because it's a reunion celebration of a friend's 50th birthday and people are coming from all over the country. I talk about it every day and think about it constantly. And then one of Gary's job sites suffered a big fire and my mom fell down and has several big problems including possible eye surgery to face in the next couple of weeks. Pop go the plans. Everything is suddenly up in the air as life happens and I get to choose my responses - not always easy.

In the meantime, I attended a three-hour workshop at my church (Center for Spiritual Living/Orange County in San Juan Capistrano) this weekend facilitated by Greg Mooers, author of Find Your Heart Virtue. I wasn't looking forward to it because I have so many other things to do. WOW, what a WONDERFUL SURPRISE it was. I'd put it in the top three workshops I've ever attended in terms of learning, environment, facilitator and results, and it was for a "love offering" (meaning you pay what you want to pay). There's a follow-up three-hour course in two weeks and I'll definitely be there, no matter who is in the hospital or what other drama is happening. At least that's my promise to myself today. I learned my heart virtues today and I can say I'm committed to Compassion, Hope and Joy. That commitment will guide me through the rest of the month, I'm sure. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home