My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Calorie King

No, this subject is not about Gary, although with his recent consumption of Halloween candy way before Halloween, it could be! The good news is that candy is his only "food vice." He has lost 35 pounds in the last year, ever since his hospitalization for kidney failure. Obviously, he gave those pounds to me because I've gained that much in the same time frame.

For many months, I've been having my way with food. I haven't felt like cutting back, so I just kept at it and instead, cut way back on exercise, relishing the life of a "desk potato."

Last Saturday, I almost fell while carrying my grandson. That made me very aware of my declining health due to impending obesity. I went immediately into healthy diet and weight loss research mode. Lindora was out of the question this time because I don't want to spend a gazillion dollars to lose weight and then gain it all back. Plus I hated getting shots five days a week - ouch. I was close to settling on Weight Watchers when I came across an article in PEOPLE about what's happened to some of the past "Biggest Losers" from the reality TV show. One woman mentioned that she had started to gain back some weight, so she began working with something called CalorieKing.com. I checked it out online. I loved what I read and signed up Saturday night.

I've lost five pounds already and I'm motivated. The CalorieKing.com site is easy to navigate and the program is more about health than anything else. Their plan promises to let me lose 1-2 pounds a week (after the first week). It kind of reminds me of Weight Watchers without the meetings, and everything is online, including a huge food and beverage database and an "e-trainer" to guide me with exercise. I now have a blog on their web site too! If you're thinking of getting healthy, check out http://www.calorieking.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home