My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Veterinary Forensics

Remember the pet-sitting nightmare I related in a previous blog entry? Well, it happened again last night. Wily Coyote has obviously staked out our front yard as his personal dining area. When we bought our home, we fell in love with the front yard - it's the largest one on the block and we'd never change it. That being said, we'd like to discriminate against coyote dining on our grass, especially when the coyote is consuming neighborhood cats and leaving entrails. I had to clean up the mess from his most recent meal, which I discovered when I took the trash cans out this morning. YUCKO.

I was proud of myself for cleaning it up instead of calling Gary to come home and do it. Animal Control told me there really wasn't anything they could do except send me some flyers to distribute to neighbors about the dangers of coyotes roaming the streets these days. I'll keep my eye out for posters about missing cats - this one was obviously gray. Needless to say, I didn't eat breakfast. I'm on the coyote diet. Guess that's something positive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home