My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Boomer Can Can is Here

The grand finale for the recent WomanSage Conference featured me and the amazing WomanSage Follies in "The Boomer Can Can" - now on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzgCsSugvyE

I have to thank my awesome follies, especially Linda Broderick, whose name was left off the credits at the end. The ladies of the follies represent some of my dearest old and new friends. Some are WomanSage board members. Others are business women. All are good sports and willing to be a little hammy in the name of entertainment.

Sometimes when you're feeling down, the best thing you can do is just put on a show, as Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney did during the Great Depression. That's what caused me to sit down and write the lyrics to this version of the Can Can. I needed a break from all the bad news that's still happening a couple of years into the Great Recession.

Enjoy the video. Pass it on to other Boomers who need a laugh today. I'll post the lyrics tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home