My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Not Just a Ham


Enough already about the crummy economy! We get it. We'd like to hear some good news for a change. I'm trying to save money, but it's hard when you have a parent in assisted living who ran out of money a couple of years ago. So I've decided to celebrate the spending that I absolutely have to do, and even the spending I don't have to do, but do it anyway.

Last week I did a little budget for the Easter brunch we are having at our home for about 15 people including three little ones. I decided I could save some money by opting for a spiral cut ham from Costco instead of a Honey-baked Ham. And then tradition got the best of me. Gary said, "It's not just a ham, Shannon, it's the EASTER Ham." I've heard of the Easter Bunny and Easter eggs, but never the Easter Ham. Apparently it simply must be a honey-baked ham on the buffet table or it's not Easter. So out went the Costco ham into the same idea dump as cheap shampoo and two-buck chuck wine. The Easter Ham tradition is safe in our home. Take THAT, economy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home