My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mucho Trabajo


We moved from Costa Mesa to Mission Viejo last week. Moving is my least favorite activity this lifetime. A week later I'm still in utter chaos. As my wonderful friend, Celina, says, "Mucho trabajo, Mrs. Shannie." She is right on. Of course, Gary and I are trying to cram all the stuff from our previous home into a much smaller space. There is a gigantic garage sale in in my near future.

I've been fighting a cold and now, walking pneumonia, ever since New Year's Day. Gary was so ill on the morning of the 1st that he couldn't come with me to the Rose Parade. Nevertheless, I drove from our hotel in LA to Pasadena at 4:30 AM to join friends from Mission Viejo. Gary and I talked constantly on the cell phone during the parade so I could give him my personal play-by-play rundown of the floats and bands. Our Mission Viejo float won the "Judges Special Trophy," which made us all proud. We were seated just across the street from both ABC and NBC. At one point Gary told me to stand up - and he saw me and my cousin waving at him via the ABC TV camera. Turned out to be a fun time after all.

Unfortunately, Jack is back in the hospital suffering from gangrene. The current plan is for his left leg to be amputated above the knee, probably later this week or early next week. We already got him a "Captain Jack Sparrow" wig and hat to go along with his peg leg. One has to keep a sense of humor in these dark times.

And that's all I have to say about that...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kym said...

Your sense of humor and ability to find joy in situations where (at times it trying hard to hide) is one of your gifts that the world is a better place for your sharing. Smiles and good wishes in your direction!

Kym

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home