My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fun with Facebook


There's been a surge in friends of mine on Facebook. All of a sudden I have a bunch of friends showing up from different parts of the world and I'm enjoying reading their status reports and seeing their photos. Makes me want to put more photos into my Facebook albums.

Just this past week, several friends from Business & You and IE showed up - LuAnn, Victoria, Jill, Judy S, Elaine H and Bob M. Patricia is sending me all kinds of goodies for my Facebook Christmas tree. Margaret has been on Facebook for a few months, but we haven't been corresponding much - which simply must change!

Patty, a co-worker, just tagged one of my best photos - the one you see above - of her and Marcelo, another co-worker. They look as if they're ready to walk out the door to go Christmas caroling (and they didn't plan it that way). I tagged a photo of my niece, Lindsey, but I'm not sure it showed up yet. Still a lot to learn. My "little cousin," Shannon C, changes her Facebook photo constantly - which I love to see! She also posts lots of photos of her dog, Eloise (we call her "Miss Elllie").

My "zombie" attacked Sean's "zombie" and of course I lost because apparently I have no weapons and no armor. That kinda sounds like my entire life this past year - almost as if I was attacking myself!

Kim, daughter of Kathy J, returned from New Zealand yesterday. It was fun to tune into her antics a few times a week while she was there, and to know that she was having lots of fun, especially with sheep. I wrote on her wall and said she reminded me of "Uncle Gary" who also has an affinity for sheep. LOL! I promised Kim that I wouldn't stalk her and tell her mother everything I read on her page - but she didn't care. I still felt honored to be Kim's "friend."

Our son, Cory, is on Facebook and I must say this has become the very best way to get all the latest and greatest photos of the grandchildren! And their parents, too! Plus it's how I learned we were having smoked turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm going to create a Facebook page for Gary so he can see the grandkids' photos and keep track of what his niece, Lindsey, is up to in Seattle. He promises not to be a stalker either.

I recommend Facebook as good fun for Boomers like me who want to do something online besides read the headlines, check stocks, surf YouTube and Google health topics. I feel the same way about it as I did about learning how to use an ATM. Wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home