My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jack Jilts Death Again


Hooray for Jack. He's alive today! Amazingly, he pulled through the three-hour vascular surgery yesterday and is doing quite well. He may go home as soon as tomorrow, pain free and able to walk again. Jack is like a cat with 19 lives instead of nine. He was a bit more scared this time, to the point of telling us as he was being moved into surgery that he wanted his ashes scattered at specific spots around the ranch. We could hardly understand him because the nurse had removed his teeth. Somehow I just knew he would be ok and I was right. I refused to see myself telling Mom that he didn't make it through the procedure. Another little bit of gratitude for faith during this month of holiday hope and joy. To celebrate, last night Meg, Gary and I went with our friends, Terry and Bob, to one of our favorite restaurants, La Cave. We toasted Jack with champagne and funny stories about his now legendary life. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear he is doing ok <3

sending my love an support!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home