My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wi-Fi-Fo-Fum


Meg and I are sitting in the hospital waiting room while Jack is in surgery. Half of people here are on the Internet like me. The rest of them are sleeping, probably because their batteries are dead. I'm sitting next to the only wall outlets, hiding them with my coat. Today I'm the Scrooge of Wiredom. Woo-hoo! Something I can control while chaos reigns all around me. It would be more appropriate for me to control my coat because the day isn't over and I've already left it behind in the cafeteria and then in the radiology waiting room. Searching for my coat has given me the opportunity to rest my weary thumbs for a few minutes of retracing steps around several hospital floors. Is it any wonder I work for a company that specializes in treating people with memory-impairing diseases?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home