My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Molly Christmas




This past year, we got a new dog and lost an old cat. The balance of power in our home shifted from feline to canine. Almost. Molly, our five year-old kitty, has been able to take over as Alpha pet, even without front claws. She and Bindi Sue often have stare-downs that end up as smack-downs, with Bindi reluctantly submitting. My guess is that Molly will retain her title for years to come, even if a new cat joins the family.

Last night Molly and I spent some quality time together wrapping gifts after Gary and the dogs went to bed. She was a "big help," batting at ribbons, attacking wired tinsel garland and carrying it off to her dish, and distracting me to play with her instead of fulfilling my wrapping duties. We rarely get to have that much fun together, so it was an easy choice to play with my nocturnal cat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home