My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Moving on to Thanksgiving

The horrors of the US economy made for a pretty scary Halloween this year. Maybe by Thanksgiving, with a new president and a bunch of new government officials at every level, plus that gazillion dollar bail-out of the banking industry, we'll be back to cruising on love instead of fear. It would be nice to sleep through the night again without worrying about the sky falling. Thank goodness for football games on TV, wine, pets, Saturday Night Live, Mexican food, our grandchildren, friends and church (Center for Spiritual Living Orange County) - not necessarily in that order. And I must give thanks for Saturday or Sunday afternoon chick flicks like "The Jane Austen Book Club," which I watched yesterday. And I'm also grateful that so many people send me funny and inspiring email messages - especially during political ad season. It's so refreshing to open email from Jack Tatham, Marianne Towersey, Anne White and Charlene Leep, all of whom keep my inbox supplied with "good to great" stuff - not unwanted spam. Jack sent me one today - a YouTube video about a young man with no arms or legs - and it was one of the most inspiring videos I've ever seen. Luckily, I have a box of tissues next to my monitor. I'm going to watch it tonight before bed to inspire me to get a good night's sleep. Thank you, Jack!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home