My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Back to Reality

Kathy J is in caregiver hell right now - sandwiched between her diva mom and dog-loving daughter. She sent me a hilarious message this morning that I must share. She wrote that if she didn't have me for a friend, she'd have to invent me, and then elaborated...

I was just thinking that if we had to invent each other, then we could be figments of our imaginations. Only we are too real...if we were made up, we would weigh 130 lbs and have rich, indulgent husbands who were never in bad moods. And we could be as bitchy as we needed to be and they would react with patience, understanding and loving humor, marveling at our sparkling wit and beauty. Back to reality.

Yes, back to reality. Mom just called for the third time this morning to ask if I'm picking her up at 11:30. For the third time, I said, "No, I'm coming at 1:30" only this time I insisted on speaking with Saint Norma, who promised to hide the the phone. Norma hides the dog food these days because Mom and Jack have been over-feeding their little "fish bait dog" (Gary's term), Bailey, way too much food at night when Norma isn't there. I think I've mentioned this before, but Bailey is supposed to weigh 6 lbs and he weighs 12. Jack told me they gave him more food this past week because "it was Halloween and he needed some treats." Alrighty then...

1 Comments:

Blogger John Phillips said...

Hi Shannon,
I am inspired by your blog and your frequent posts. Since I began my Blog a few weeks, or is it months, ago, I have not "found the time" to make regular posts, and I am not even "working", right now. I have an idea how busy you are, yet you have posted pretty regularly. If you can do it, I guess I can, too. So, right after this comment posts, I am off to www.stwonderheart.blogspot.com to post "something".
Peace and Love,
John

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home