My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Shannie Luv

Lots of people call me by my nickname, Shannie, but only one added "Luv" to it every time she mentioned my name or even sent me an email. My wild and crazy Brit friend, Jenny, always called me "Shannie Luv" and 20 plus years ago when I met her, I though it was kind of cool, like the Beatles and Rod Stewart. Jenny was my bosses' secretary at a publishing company in Honolulu. She was the kind of British woman who would have made Austin Powers blush. She was bold, bawdy, fearless, intelligent, talented, enigmatic, honest and laid back. In "Bond-Speak," Jenny was "shaken, not stirred."

This past week, Jenny lost her battle with cancer, Already, the world is a sadder place for losing her presence. Yet her delightful spirit prevails.

Our former boss, Ron, a publisher and brilliant writer, has published a heartfelt column about Jenny. You can read it if you go to:

http://www.fyifreeinfo.com/Dougs/Spectator/2006/weekly_observations
_06_Janurary_WEEK_2%20.htm

Don't cut and paste it; Copy it into your browser. You'll get the essence.

And don't you wish you could leave a profound legacy of caring with your friends and even people who barely know you? That was the kind of person Jenny was - enriching and enchanting! I smile whenever I think of her. We should all be so fortunate. She will be sorely missed and "Shannie Luv" simply relishes the honorable moniker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home