My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Birth of a Blog

Greetings and welcome to my blog. I am happy to have a place to share all the new stuff I am learning thanks to the publication of my new book, The Heart Way - A Journey From Corporate to Care, and the related activities, conversations and assorted other fun and games.
Things are cooking here at Orren Stewart Press, with lots of interest in The Heart Way. I still have a lot of marketing and promotion to do before the official publication of the book in February '06. This past week I had the pleasure of attending the Saturday session of Mark Victor Hansen's "Mega Speaking Empire" conference and enjoyed meeting and talking to one of my heroes, Dan Poynter, author of The Self Publishing Manual. Dan offered to review my book and give me some additional marketing suggestions, so I will be following up on that in the next couple of weeks. I also spent a delightful Friday afternoon with Karen Twichell, author of A Caregiver's Journey - Finding Your Way, and we discussed some exciting possibilities for working together in the future. Stay tuned. Meanwhile, books are selling prior to publication and we are getting great feedback. Thanks to all of you who have purchased them so far, and please feel free to give me your personal feedback via this blog or email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home