My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Tree Stays

My niece, Lindsey, is coming to our home today to celebrate Christmas with us and her grandparents, Marianne and Jack. It's become a tradition that she visits us a few days after Christmas and I like stringing the holiday out until New Year's Day. My husband, on the other hand, would prefer that the holiday decor comes down by the 27th. He's a former safety professional and something about the "crispy" tree makes him a little jittery. I promised not to turn on the lights or put a fire in the fireplace as long as it's still up. I am still enjoying the fragrance of the pine needles. Thanks to Lindsey's post-Christmas visit, the tree stays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home