My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Travel is Good for the Soul


Check out my latest blog on Vibrant Nation: http://www.vibrantnation.com/other-topics/travel-is-food-for-the-soul/

We had a fabulous weekend in Chicago with our friends, Tim and John. Tim took me as his Friday night date to a dinner with members of the National Symphony Orchestra Board, a fascinating bunch of people who love music, art, architecture and food. Gary went sports bar-hopping with John in their Wrigleyville neighborhood with a bunch of people who love the Cubs, Bears and Beer. We both agreed it was a perfect evening. Tim and I cruised around Boys Town in his sporty little red Mercedes and sang "Hello Dolly." Gary and John were out later than we were! It was all good.

On Saturday we went on a boat tour of Chicago architecture with Tim's friends and it turned out to be one of the most fun things I've ever done in Chicago. Maybe it was made more fun because they served Chicago-style hot dogs and bloody mary's. Whatever. I loved it. As I said in my Vibrant Nation blog post, I don't do that kind of stuff at home on weekends. It was fun to take a mini-vacation in the windy city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home