My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Lindsey is Engaged!


Ring the bells and set off the fireworks! Our sweet niece, Lindsey Louise Sumner, is engaged to Nels Mattson! Nels put a beautiful bling-bling-ring on her finger this past Sunday - same day as her great-grandmother's birthday. My mom's mother, Alta Louise MacNair, always said May 30th was a supremely lucky day. Guess she was right!!

Lindsey and Nels are planning a late summer/early fall 2011 wedding, so they have plenty of time to plan. Lindsey will enjoy the planning process immensely, and so will her mom, Nancy, and mom-in-law-to-be, Kim (pictured here with the happy couple). Oh, and me too - and the other "aunties" - Meg, Margo and Susan!

Gary and I are truly delighted by this good news because we love Nels and his family! As my friend, Julia, says, "BLESSINGS BE!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Lindsey! You have talked about her so much over the years that feel like I know her. And I'm delighted to hear the great news. She looks lovely and happy, and you sound delighted! So contrats to you, too!
Cheers,
V.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home