My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sometimes a Great Party...





...is what you need to pick yourself up and beat the blues. So on Monday night, Gary and I went to a Hollywood movie premiere. We went with our friends, Gaye and Rick, to "The Prince of Persia" premiere at the Chinese Theater. We walked the red carpet with Jake Gyllenhall and Sir Ben Kingsley. The event was a benefit for American Film Institute which also chose to salute the movie's producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, whose hand and footprints were immortalized in cement outdoors in the theater's famous courtyard. Many stars of Bruckheimer movies were on hand to pay tribute. They lined up in front of the big screen before the movie started. We were near the front. It was fun to see Eddie Murphy, Jon Voight, Tom Cruise, Billy Bob Thornton, Judge Reinhold and so many others. By far the most interesting to me was Kelly McGillis of "Top Gun" fame, who looked older than I do and made me feel downright sexy in my "business attire." Best part of the whole evening was the party after the movie, held on the top floor of the Kodak Theater complex where they also do the Academy Awards Governors Ball. I was delighted to chat up Phil Keoghan, host of my very favorite reality series, "The Amazing Race." Phil is from New Zealand, but he lived in Antigua in the West Indies for several of his childhood years and we had a nice conversation about living in the Caribbean. I summoned up the nerve to go and talk with Phil because my dear friend, Kathy J, was not able to join me for this fabulous event, and she would have loved to have met him. She's the one who got me so addicted to "The Amazing Race." I got out my camera and Gary took a picture of me and Phil. Pretty great, in my silly little book of peak experiences! My other friend named Phill was also at the event, so I snapped a photo of him with Sir Ben Kingsley. Phill was checking out the girls, too, and happened to spot the beautiful Gemma Arderton, who plays Princess Tahmina in the movie. That's why there are two pictures of him here. The food was fantastic, the people-watching grand, the wine excellent and Gary and I got home around 2 AM. That doesn't happen often; but in this case, it was totally worth it. No blues here this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home