My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Silverado Beverly Place


I'm really excited to share the news that Silverado Senior Living-Beverly Place opened its doors this morning and began welcoming new residents! When I first started at Silverado two years ago next week, the company had just purchased the Shalom Hotel in LA's Fairfax District just a block away from CBS Television City. Sadly, it was a total dump. When I toured, I wondered how we would "Silveradoize" the old building. Wow, am I thrilled to share that the community is absolutely gorgeous! And one of the very best things about Silverado-Beverly Place is the amazing team of associates who are leading the community, with my good friend, Phill Barklow, as Administrator. You see, when Mom and Jack moved into the Inn at the Park several years ago, Phill was the Executive Director. He had a wonderful staff of professionals. Unfortunately, the community was purchased by a huge company and Phill chose to leave. Fortunately, I was able to reach him before he took another job and introduce him to Silverado. Now that Mom and Jack have left the planet, I feel really good that Phill, Chalio, Tahmina and others are all part of Silverado and I get to work with them often. It's made the Beverly Place project very near and dear to my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home