My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Shopping Sense

Last week I enjoyed a "girls night out" with my friends, Linda and Terry. We went shopping in Laguna, then out to dinner and to a play. While shopping, Linda told Terry and me about her favorite clothing store in Tustin and said we would love their clothes. Terry and I love how Linda dresses, so we got the name and address of the store. Yesterday we went with Kathy J to check out the boutique. Yes, the clothes were great, but we realized immediately that we had neglected to ask Linda about the prices. The lovely, somewhat unstructured simple cotton and linen clothing items were VERY expensive, with a pair of elastic-waist pants or a short-sleeved blouse priced around $275 apiece. We took a quick walk through the store and went straight to a nearby Loehmann's where I found four cotton items for a total of $70. Whew! We learned that in these times of high-priced gasoline, it's best to learn more about a new store before driving 30 miles to visit. Just thought I'd share that with you today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home