My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Where the turf meets the surf...

Where the turf meets the surf, there is enough silcone and botox to float the Titanic. Opening Day at the Del Mar Thorougbred Club racing season did not disappoint. The horses were good to us, but the real fun was people-watching at the Turf Club. Champagne flowed, along with lip gloss, lip service and hundred dollar bills. I've never seen so many plump glossy lips in my life. And there were plenty of other body parts that had been pumped up, nipped, tucked and tatooed. We saw at least half a dozen breasts peaking out from slinky little sundresses. And about the guy in the canary yellow suit - who knew Big Bird was a Turf Club member? What a show! I was reminded once again that I am no longer 35, or even 49! Some of the women my age were trying in vain to compete with the 20-and-30-somethings - BAD idea. Age appropriate fashion should be a mandatory class for every woman turning 40, 50 and 60. No matter how "fit" we are - or think we are at these ages, we don't belong in a low-cut spaghetti-strapped skin-tight sundress - sorry! OK, maybe in the bedroom, but not in public. I have pictures to prove my point. Save your self-esteem and wear something comfortable for a change! Gotta run...not to the racetrack, but to the gym!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home