My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

The movie, "The Secret," offers a great idea - carrying around a small rock in your pocket or purse to remind you to consider what you're grateful for. A couple of weeks ago, I was given a shiny little rock that has the word "gratitude" imprinted on one side. I pull it out of my purse when I'm sitting in a waiting room, in traffic or at my desk. With it in my hand, I take a deep breath and begin thinking about all the things I'm grateful for in that particular moment. Wow - what a great tool for shifting energy to a more positive level. Today I am grateful for my family, friends, dog and cats, home, the beautiful fall colors, the food I'll be cooking tomorrow and church services to attend this evening. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home