My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's a Wonderful Life...

Reverend Sandy Moore, our minister at the Center for Universal Truth in San Juan Capistrano, decided to use the classic holiday movie, "It's a Wonderful Life," as inspiration and theme for her Sunday messages this month. I first watched this great old movie in the 80's when I was living in Hawaii. My boss, Ron Cruger, who was the publisher of This Week Magazines, recommended it to me. He said it was his favorite movie. I'd never even heard of it. A movie buff since childhood, I couldn't believe I'd missed this great film till I was thirty-something. When I saw that it was playing on Christmas Eve that year, I watched the whole thing, and cried through most of it. Now I realize that I was simply meant to see it when I did. Today, George Bailey is still one of my beloved heroes. I bought the movie when videos first came out, and now I have it on DVD. I watch it at least twice every holiday season. We'll be watching it again this year, with some new insights thanks to Sandy's Sunday discourses. "No man is a failure who has friends." Thank you, Clarence. Thank you, Ron. Thank you, Sandy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home