My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County/CA

Musings of a woman who left her corporate career to become a caregiver for elderly parents, wrote a book and found her way back to corporate - with love, instead of fear, leading the way. Now working at my Alma Mater, UC Irvine, as Marketing and Communications Director for the School of Biological Sciences.

Friday, September 04, 2009

The Silverado Martini



OK, everyone, how cool is this? Last week Silverado hosted about 50 family members and friends for a party at The Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills to celebrate the pre-opening of our new community, Silverado Beverly Place. The party was called "A Silver Soiree." Our new Administrator, Phill Barklow, being a brilliant marketer AND former bartender, suggested we have a "signature cocktail" for the event. He came up with one and the Hotel's beverage manager was so impressed with the tasty concoction that they put it on the bar menu at the Peninsula! Here it is.....

THE SILVERADO MARTINI

One ounce of Ketel One Citron Vodka
One ounce fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
2 table spoons simple syrup (can use sugar to substitute)
3 ounces Champagne (Moet White Star seems to work best)
½ ounce of Chambord

Of course it goes into a chilled glass with sugared rim, and is served with a twist of lemon on the side of the glass - and in the case of our party, the outside edge of the twist had been dipped in silver! AMAZING. You can get it at the Peninsula for just $16; however they may be raising the price to $20 and donating $4 of every drink purchased to the Alzheimer's Association. I thought the ice sculpture of our logo (also pictured) was the coolest thing (pun intended) until I realized having a Silverado Signature Martini lasts longer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Allen aka Big Al said...

well I've seen plenty of martini's in my day...though I've personally never drank one (gotta save room for that red wine!), and I've also seen AlOT of ice sculptures but neva before see one like dat! whoa sista the color truly rocks...nice...very nice...

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Allen aka Big Al said...

well I've seen plenty of martini's in my day...though I've personally never drank one (gotta save room for that red wine!), and I've also seen AlOT of ice sculptures but neva before see one like dat! whoa sista the color truly rocks...nice...very nice...

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home